W.R.G. v. K.C. Case No. 2022-CA-1319-ME Caldwell Circuit Court Decided by Dixon, Goodwine, and Karem, Judges. Opinion by Goodwine, Judge Date Rendered: August 4, 2023 Issue: Whether the Family Court erred in granting stepparent adoption when Father was not served with notice of the final hearing order pursuant to CR 5.02(1). Stepmother filed a petition…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband