If you are considering consulting a lawyer about a divorce or custody action, you might come across the term jurisdiction. Jurisdiction is a term lawyers use on a regular basis that may not be familiar to a layperson. Black’s Law Dictionary defines jurisdiction as “The power and authority constitutionally conferred upon (or constitutionally recognized as…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband