Thielmeier v. Thielmeier Case No. 2021-SC-0532-DG Jefferson Circuit Court Opinion by Lambert Date Rendered: December 15, 2022 Issue: Whether the family court abused its discretion by awarding husband 100 percent of the amount by which two marital assets increased in value during the two-and-a-half-year period between the parties’ separation and the date of the decree…
Kentucky Supreme Court Overturns Court of Appeal’s, Upholds Circuit Court’s Modification of Maintenance Based Upon Changed Circumstances and Award of Attorney Fees.
Mahl v. Mahl Case Nos. 2021-SC-0481-DG and 2021-SC-0487-DG Appeals from Jefferson Circuit Court Opinion by Bisig, Judge Date Rendered: April 27, 2023 Issue: Whether Substantial and Continuing Change in Circumstances existed Warranting Modification of Maintenance Award, and Whether Failure to Name Attorney as a Party to an Appeal of and Award of Attorney Fees could…
Bradley v. Bradley NO. 2022-CA-0960-MR FLOYD FAMILY COURT Decided by CETRULO, ECKERLE, AND GOODWINE, JUDGES Opinion by CETRULO, JUDGE Date Rendered: September 8, 2023 Issue: Whether the Family Court erred in adopting husband’s tendered order. Issue: Whether a 60/40 division of a marital estate was equitable. After a trial on multiple property issues, the…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband