D.B. v. T.C.W. Case NO. 2022-CA-1281-ME MERCER CIRCUIT COURT Decided by ACREE, GOODWINE, AND LAMBERT, JUDGES Opinion by ACREE, JUDGE Date Rendered: September 1, 2023 Issue: Whether Grandmother’s Motion to Intervene in Grandchild’s adoption proceeding was erroneously denied. Parents were both incarcerated at birth of the minor child. Grandmother was unable to accept placement of…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband