Wood v. Critz NO. 2021-CA-0902-MR Simpson Family Court Decided by Clayton, Chief Judge; Cetrulo, and K. Thompson, Judges Opinion by Thompson, K., Judge Date Rendered: January 6, 2023 Issue: Whether biological father could intervene in a dissolution action post-judgment. In 2015, Mother became pregnant by Biological Father while married to Husband and child was…
Family Court decision Restricting Father’s Parenting Time without a Finding of Serious Endangerment Vacated and Remanded
Turner v. Turner NO. 2022-CA-0422-MR Warren Circuit Court Decided by Caldwell, Combs, and Lambert, Judges Opinion by Caldwell, Judge Date Rendered: June 2, 2023 Issue: Whether parenting time can be restricted without a finding of serious endangerment. After a hearing, Family Court found Father had not cooperated with family therapy and suspended his parenting time…
Family Court Order Did Not Err in Finding Custody Agreement Giving Mother Final Decision-Making Authority over Educational and Medical Decisions Requires Mother’s Decisions to be Reasonable and not Prejudicial to Father’s Rights as Joint Custodian.
Swan v. Gatewood Case No. 2022-CA-0202-MR Fayette Family Court Decided by Combs, Easton, and Eckerle Judges. Opinion by Eckerle, Judge Date Rendered: June 9, 2023 Issue: Whether Mother’s Final Decision-Making Authority Regarding Educational and Medical Decisions is Subject to Judicial Review for Reasonableness. Mother and Father disagreed about where to send minor Child to kindergarten.…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband