Cabinet for Health and Family Services May Appeal from Order Requiring Public Funds for Expert Witness in Dependency, Neglect, and Abuse Cases; Family Court Affirmed in Granting Motion for Public Funds
Because the Cabinet needed to consult an expert before bringing its petition, the Court of Appeals found that it was fundamentally fair that the parents be able to hire an expert.
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband