Cabinet for Health and Family Services May Appeal from Order Requiring Public Funds for Expert Witness in Dependency, Neglect, and Abuse Cases; Family Court Affirmed in Granting Motion for Public Funds
Because the Cabinet needed to consult an expert before bringing its petition, the Court of Appeals found that it was fundamentally fair that the parents be able to hire an expert.
Family Court Has No Custody Modification Jurisdiction When Parents and Child Do Not Reside in State; Custody Forum-Selection Clause Is Not Binding on Family Court
Day v. Day Case No. 2022-CA-1250-MR McCracken Family Court Decided by J. Susanne M. Cetrulo, J. Audra Jean Eckerle, and J. Pamela R. Goodwine Opinion by J. Susanne M. Cetrulo Date Rendered: August 4, 2023 Issue: Whether a Kentucky court has jurisdiction to modify custody or parenting time pursuant to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction…
- Notice of Appeal Cannot be Electronically Filed in Termination of Parental Rights (“TPR”) Cases.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Holds that Foster Parents Lack Liberty Interest in Relationship with Foster Children
- Courts Must Inquire as to Indigency in Stepparent Adoptions
- Sixth Circuit Holds No Constitutional Prohibition on State Limitations of Medical Treatments for Minors
- Trial Court Erred by Awarding 100% of Post-Separation Increases to Husband